Wednesday, December 30, 2009

AMTI -- National Mock Trial/fundraiser

I don't even know where to begin on this post -- but I got the distressing news last week that the folks organizing AMTI (the invitational nationals we were planning to attend) have decided to no longer hold their competition. Now that the other national organization has decided that they WILL honor religious convictions, AMTI feels it is no longer necessary to offer the other opportunity. I am very disappointed, as I would imagine many of you are. I am very proud of all of you, and had looked forward to taking you to Nationals.

That makes the fundraiser we were planning to do next month not as critical -- but I would strongly recommend we go ahead and do it -- we could earn money towards Youth Leg and next fall's Mock Trial activities IN ADVANCE!

I'm sorry to end the year with such bad news, but figured now that we're past Christ-mas, sooner was better than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment